Before your bankruptcy case can be discharged, you are required to take a financial management course. This course can be taken through the Bankruptcy Court for free. Keep in mind, the course is scheduled once a month. You will need to sign up early. If you choose to take the course through Miller Law Firm, here the instructions for completing the course.
Hummingbird charges $15.00 for the financial management course which will be due before the certificate can be filed in Bankruptcy Court. Hummingbird’s technical assistance and customer service can both be reached at 1-800-645-4959.
In order to complete the Course for Financial Management:
- Go to www.hummingbird.org
- On the homepage, select “Bankruptcy Certifications”
- On the next page, select “After Bankruptcy”
- Select “Tennessee” as the state from the drop down menu and then select “Submit”
- Review the next page and select “I Agree” at the bottom of the page
- On the next page, select “Start the Education”
- Select “Start the Education” again
From there, follow the instructions given precisely. Write down your “Video #.” You can use that to return to your session if you cannot complete it during one session. Further, write down any words that you are instructed to write down. Those words will be required to complete the test at the end of the session.
When you complete the course, please deliver $15.00 per individual to our office so that we can retrieve your certificate and file it with the Court.
If you have any questions regarding this process, please call us at (901) 327-3434.