This is a credit counseling course that is required pre-bankruptcy before your petition can be filed.
If you choose to take the credit counseling course through Miller Law Firm, here are instructions for your convenience in being one step closer in getting your petition filed.
Allen Credit Counseling course fee is $20 online single or joint and $25 for a phone session single or joint in English or Spanish. Live counselors are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week for your convenience. If you need to take a course via phone or have questions please call the client hotline number which is 1-888-415-8173.
You will need to take notes during the session, be sure to have pen and paper ready when you start.
In order to complete the credit counseling:
- Go to www.hummingbird.org
- On the home page, select “Bankruptcy Certifications.“
- On the next page select “Before Bankruptcy Credit Counseling Certification.“
- Select “Tennessee” as the state from the drop down menu and then select “Submit“.
- Next you will see an Alert, click the button “Go To Allen Counseling”, (you may have to scroll down to see it).
- Next you will see “You are now leaving Hummingbird’s Website”, click the button “Continue”
- This will take you to Allen Credit and Debt Counseling, there you will click the button “Get Started Now!”
- Read the disclosures and click the check box to continue.
Follow the instructions carefully. Write down anything that you are told to remember. Also make note of any reference numbers or confirmation numbers while taking the course.
Your certificate is emailed to us so that we can file it with your petition.
Let us know when you have completed the course, and we will watch for the email to come.
If you have any questions about the course, please call Allen Credit and Debt Counseling at the number listed above.